In addition to the feature requirements of the forklift, the type of forklift engine is also an important factor for businesses to consider before deciding which is the best forklift truck, most suitable for use at the warehouse. of the company.
There are three popular types of forklift engine: diesel, gas, and electric. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, and it depends on the needs of the operator and the environment used to select the appropriate forklift engine. And if you want to choose a forklift, you must have knowledge about forklift engine. Let’s learn about each type of forklift engine in this post.
The type of forklift engine is also an important factor for businesses to consider before deciding which is the best forklift truck to buy.
There are three main factors to consider to differentiate these types of engines, including: fuel consumption, load capacity and cargo type, warehouse size and safety-related environmental aspects. and health.
|Selection criteria||Diesel oil||Gas||Electric|
– Maintains 100% energy throughout the working day.- The time required to refuel a diesel forklift is very short (equal to the time it takes to refuel a car).
– Fuel consumption is the lowest compared to other types, the most cost effective saving.
– Maintains 100% energy throughout the working day.- The time required to refuel a Gas forklift is much less than that of an electric forklift (it only takes five minutes to change a gas cylinder).
– Lower energy density per unit volume, so fuel consumption is higher than diesel (30-50% more cost than diesel at Vietnam market price in 2019).
– The energy source is strongly influenced by the capacity of the battery as well as the process of charging the battery. – The time required to charge the battery is usually very long (about 8 hours).
Electricity consumption is a significant cost. Usually this cost makes the electric forklift the most active
– Can be used for all types of cargo common to heavy.
– The engine makes a loud noise.
– It requires more operating space than gas or electricity, as the diesel engine forklifts are larger in size.
– The performance of gas forklifts is about 90% compared to Diesel forklifts. – Engine noise is less than diesel.
– Works well on floors, rough terrain and slopes.
– Electric forklift works with lower capacity than diesel or gas. This is why they are not recommended for heavy industrial applications.- Very fast and compact electric forklift,
– The low noise level makes it easy to chat inside the warehouse between drivers and workers because of the low noise level.
– Low center of gravity – more stable when lifting.
|Environment||– A worrying aspect of diesel forklifts is a driver’s health problem, not safe for indoor use, as this type of engine generates diesel emissions and particulates.- Safe for outdoor use Heaven, in the rain and in humid conditions.|| |
– Gas forklifts emit low carbon, clean, soot free and have very little sulfur waste. This is why gas forklifts can be used both indoors and outdoors, unlike diesel forklifts (indoor workspace must be well ventilated ).- Gas quality in Vietnam is not good so it is beneficial the emissions are negligible.
– The gas refueling processes are critical and linked with accident risks.
– Environmentally friendly, the electric forklift does not generate emissions.- Can be used in small areas and indoors, not suitable for outdoor use, especially in wet weather and heavy rain (yes can lead to dangerous battery explosions).
– Battery charging spaces take up considerable warehouse space, including required parking space while charging.